Placement into U.S. Universities
IIE’s Academic Placement staff are dedicated to matching each Fulbright candidate with U.S. university programs that provide the best academic fit. We work with a full range of U.S. colleges and universities in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
IIE Placement staff members are field of study experts.
- IIE’s Academic Placement Services staff members are organized by field of study and are well informed of recent trends as well as program offerings, new initiatives and interdisciplinary research centers within U.S. institutions.
- We closely research academic options and are dedicated to matching each candidate with the best possible academic programs to fit their study goals and their Fulbright Program’s overall objectives.
- We also track standardized testing trends, tuition and fee costs and annual changes in competition for admission.
Our approach is individualized.
- Providing optimal academic options for each candidate is our goal.
- We work with candidates to ensure their applications are strong, competitive and tell a compelling story of who they are.
- We utilize a variety of print and social media tools including webinars and Skype. We not only provide tips and practical information on the admission processes for select fields, but also create a virtual forum for new Fulbright candidates from around the world to meet.
IIE has a strong track record of acquiring admissions and cost-sharing.
- We apply on each candidate’s behalf, securing application fee waivers at many schools.
- We acquire admissions, full and conditional, into masters and doctoral programs as well as pre-doctoral research affiliations.
- Our admission rates exceed U.S. national averages.
- We secure significant first-year cost-sharing which is generally renewed at the same or higher rates for subsequent years of study.
We promote the Fulbright Program to U.S. universities.
- We inform universities of the goals and priorities of the Foreign Student Fulbright Program as well as commission and post goals and objectives. We recognize it is very important for hosting academic programs to understand what each scholarship program is trying to achieve and how each candidate fits into the program’s aspirations.