Pre-Completion Academic Training
Participation in an internship or practicum opportunity requires approval from Fulbright. The internship/practicum position must be required for degree completion or recommended by your university. If the position is approved it will be considered pre-completion academic training. Any time spent participating in pre-completion academic training will likely reduce the amount of academic training you could participate in post-degree completion academic training after you complete your original Fulbright program.
To consider approval for an internship/practicum request you will need to do the following:
- how the training will develop skills to prepare you for your home country job market;
- how it directly relates to your field of study;
- how it encourages the Fulbright goal of building global human networks by contributing to the development of your field of study at home;
- confirm you are aware the time spent participating in the internship will be reduced from the amount of time you could pursue post-completion academic training;
- address if this internship is a degree requirement or is recommended by your university.
- If this is a degree requirement please indicate where this requirement is confirmed by your University for example on your University’s website, on an admission letter etc.